1. Analyze your current workout. If your exercise time is less than fulfilling, an analysis of your current workout will help you identify why you’re not happy.
* Does the thought of using the Stairmaster make you want to cry? Do you try to come up with excuses to avoid running? If your workout makes you sad, it’s time to reevaluate how you exercise.
* Consider why you’re unhappy and search for solutions that will work with your lifestyle. Would taking a group class make you more likely to exercise? Do you simply need a different type of workout?
* Consider signing up for a class at a local gym or TFW Dojo if there is one in your area click here to find our locations. Spending money can add motivation to your fitness routine.
2. Add a friend. Exercising alone can get boring, but a good friend can change how you think about your workout.
* Do you hate to exercise alone? Finding a friend who is also trying to get in shape can help both of you by making the workout more fun.
* Adding a partner to your workout can more likely to exercise.
3. Turn it into a game with rewards. Games can make your workout more fun. This will motivate you to keep going and stay active.
4. Add music. Do you have music playing in the background when you train? Music has a powerful impact on exercise. There is a reason why you hear loud music in gyms.
5. Get your kids involved. These days all you see are kids on cellphones and tablets and parents yelling at them to go outside and play. Try a workout at the park or in your backyard with your kids! set up cones and run relay races, run through the monkey bars a few times or try a tabata style body weight workout. Pick 4 exercises and perform each exercise for 20 sec with 10 sec of rest between exercises, complete 2 rounds totaling 8 sets. You can pick ever cases like push-ups, sit-ups, crunches, squats, lunges, burps, you name it! Its a FUN, fast, effective workout and can be done anywhere.
And that leads me right into my next tip
6. Exercise outside. Exercising outdoors can make your workout more enjoyable. If you go to the gym 3-4 times a week change it up and get a workout outside. At TFW Mahopac we will sometimes meet at a local park or hiking trail for a fun workout to break up the routine a little and have some fun
7. Post motivational notes. Putting notes to encourage exercise wherever you might see them during your day can help you stay in shape. Research shows that even simple things like smiley faces can have a positive impact on your workout.
* Spend some time writing inspiring notes or affirmations to yourself. Consider writing funny quotes to help you stay inspired to work out.
8. Add variety. Do you do the same exercise routine every day? The same workout can get boring over time. Consider trying new exercises you’ve never done before. Also, think about exercise in different ways.
* Dancing can be a great way to burn calories and stay in shape. Do you have a dance you love?
* Playing sports is a workout too. Organize teams with your family and friends or join community teams and have some fun!
Your workouts can be more fun with a few simple adjustments. At Training For Warriors Mahopac our workouts are designed to be energetic and fun! Training For Warriors workouts are designed to build you up, NOT beat you down. Make exercise a better experience with these tips and you’ll find that fitness can be fun!
Coach John's enthusiastic approach and positive energy will get anyone excited about fitness. However it's his ability to motivate and inspire people to do more not just in the dojo but in life that gets results.