1. Dance – Even if you think you don’t know how to dance, or have no natural rhythm, dancing can be a lot of fun. You can sign up for a class or just get crazy in your own home. Let yourself loose and you’ll find that you’re burning calories in no time.
2. Drink a lot of Water – Drink lots of water and eat nutritiously. Drink as much water as possible to keep your body well hydrated and functioning at peak efficiency. Think of the food you put into your body as fuel for your life, and choose to fuel your body with high-energy foods that keep you fit.
* Eat as many fresh fruits and vegetables as possible. Fill your dinner plate with vegetables and a smaller portion of meat and carbohydrates. Eat fruits for an energy-producing alternative to candy bars or other sugary snacks.
3. Keep good company – Get an exercise buddy so you can support each other in pursuing your fitness goals. Sign up for mother and baby exercise classes at your local community center and make some new friends.
4. Rest – Sleep is the most important factor in recovery. You need to get your rest to get results, I’m talking between 7-10 hours minimum. Sleep is paramount for muscle recovery, hormonal balance and most of all mental health. So put down your iPad, get off of Facebook, shut off the TV and get your rest.
Coach John's enthusiastic approach and positive energy will get anyone excited about fitness. However it's his ability to motivate and inspire people to do more not just in the dojo but in life that gets results.