We just started our January 8 Week Transformation at TFW Mahopac. If you missed it there will be another in April, but I felt like maybe if I gave you a few of our transformation secrets you could get started your own!
If you’re a female then that word is scary. You immediately think of that super masculine/muscular girl in a bikini posing on a stage with veins popping out of her entire body. But … Believe it or not a lot can be learned about transforming your body from body builders.
Some of those ideas are the secrets to our success at Training for Warriors Mahopac
Consider the following ideas:
- You probably need more protein. While it’s true that you don’t need a lot of protein to sustain life, your body composition will improve if your protein intake increases, within a reasonable limit. Protein is also metabolically expensive. It takes a lot of energy for your body to digest and process protein, meaning that you burn calories just by digesting it. In fact, about 10% of the calories you consume from protein are actually used up in the digestion process alone!
- Strength training is one of the best aerobic activities. If you move quickly between exercises and minimize the rest periods between sets, there is nothing short of sprinting that will get your heart beating faster. This also requires that you do the proper exercises. For example, squatting instead of performing leg curls.
- Strength training is the best calorie burning activity. Many other activities burn more calories during the exercise period itself. However, the calorie burning stops when you stop performing those other activities.
- The muscle damage caused by lifting weights takes days to repair. Your metabolism is increased during that entire period.
- Carbohydrates are a significant issue. Most natural bodybuilders keep their protein and fat intakes quite constant, regardless of their goals. The only macronutrient they manipulate is the carbohydrates. When they want to gain weight, the carbohydrates increase. When it’s time to lose weight, they decrease their carbohydrate intake.
- They always keep up with their cardio. Cardio training is used by bodybuilders to stay healthy and lean, recover from muscle building workouts, and to keep calories higher during dieting periods. A little bit of cardiovascular exercise is always a good idea. However, they are obsessed with Chronic Cardio to burn fat. Weight loss is primarily a function of their diet and weight training regimen.
- Bodybuilders are maniacal when it comes to tracking workouts and food intake. While the average person doesn’t need to know exactly how many calories they ate, most people couldn’t even guess how many they ate today. What adjustments will you make if your results are subpar? You can’t make any if you don’t track what you’re doing. Do you know what the same workout, over and over, gets you? The same body you already have. At TFW Mahopac our members record their workouts and progress using state of the art software we call Warrior Tracker.
- Bodybuilders track progress. Any intelligent bodybuilder regularly weighs himself, records regular bodypart measurements, and takes fullbody pictures. They change their diet or exercise routine often. When do you change your diet and workout? At TFW Mahopac you’re workouts are constantly changing and evolving to accommodate your progress.
- They are consistent and patient. When a bodybuilder is dieting, he/she might be trying to only lose half a pound a week. They essentially never miss a workout or fail to eat properly.
Let’s look at it like this, average person doesn’t require the same level of commitment as a bodybuilder, but there are many things you could do if you want to transform your body.
Take a few tips from us at TFW Mahopac and your time spent in the gym and kitchen will be much more productive.