Use this 3 part guide to help you stay on track with your weight loss plans.
1. Learn calorie counts. People often underestimate the calories in alcohol. Even light beers may have more than 100 calories a serving. Sweet concoctions like a Chocolate Martini rack up about 550 calories.
2. Order slimmer drinks. Fortunately, there are much lighter options. A Bloody Mary contains little more than 100 calories and half of that is tomato juice, so you get important vitamins.
3. Choose smart snacks. You’ll probably drink less if you eat first and stop occasionally to refuel. Skip the deep fried cheese sticks and opt for hummus and baby carrots.
4. Slow down. Pace yourself for long evenings. Limit your consumption to one drink or less an hour. Alternate between water and alcohol.
5. Practice portion control. The size of a drink can vary dramatically. Keep in mind that some restaurants now serve as much as 6 ounces of wine per glass because customers are getting used to supersizing.
6. Drink more water. Filling up on water works wonders. You take in fewer calories and reduce the dehydrating effects of cocktail hour.
1. Share activities together. Sign up for a class at the gym instead of going out for pizza after work. Enjoy that weekend brunch or diner visit, but take a morning hike first, or get a good workout in before.
2. Be mindful. Having company around tends to distract you from what you’re eating. You may also feel like it’s courteous to go along with what everyone else is doing. Be extra vigilant at the breakfast buffet.
3. Provide mutual encouragement. Some of your family and friends are bound to be working on their own health issues. Team up to cut down on sugar or eat more veggies & fiber.
4. Focus on overall health. View your diet as part of a bigger picture. Increase your motivation by imagining how good it would be to live a longer and more active life.
1. Maintain a consistent schedule. Go to bed and rise at about the same time every day. That includes weekends and holidays.
2. Turn off devices before bed. Bright screens and crime dramas may be keeping you up at night. Shut off your phone and computer a couple of hours before you retire.
3. Manage stress. Engage in regular exercise and relaxation practices. Take a walk or play a sport. Listen to music or learn to to play an instrument.
4. Develop bedtime rituals. Let your mind and body know that it’s time to give in to drowsiness. Lie in a warm bath. Read one chapter of a classic novel each night.
5. Upgrade your sleep environment. Black out drapes will stop street lights from keeping you up. Replace a sagging mattress if needed. Clear away clutter or store it out of sight.
Plan ahead to keep the most common triggers from interfering with your diet. Hang onto your friends and support each other with developing healthier habits. Drink responsibly and get adequate sleep. In the end you’ll find it easier to eat nutritious foods and lose weight.
Do you struggle with some of the same things Caron struggled with? You CAN make that change and TRANSFORM your life also! CLICK BELOW and get on our 8 Week Transformation Pre-Sale list!
Coach John's enthusiastic approach and positive energy will get anyone excited about fitness. However it's his ability to motivate and inspire people to do more not just in the dojo but in life that gets results.